FullSizeRender(1)

I have been meaning to share this project for a long time, but never got around to it! Zach and I wanted a headboard for our bedroom but didn’t want to pay a lot of money for it. One weekend when we were back home in Illinois we went to a thrift store and found one for $10! We knew we wanted to fix it up so once we got back to Iowa we got our supplies and refinished it:) We are super happy with the way it turned out!

Hope you enjoy!

FullSizeRender(4)

109

FullSizeRender(3)

112

The lighting is terrible with this picture and does not do it justice! The pictures below are much better. Anyways, Zach chose the yellow and then we just used sandpaper to scratch it up and distress it!

115

When I first saw the headboard I knew I wanted to put chicken wire in the holes of the headboard. Zach did an awesome job cutting the wire and nailing it to the back!

117

120

Here’s a closer look at the chicken wire and distressing! Also, a better picture of the color.

121

FullSizeRender (8)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s